Recipe: Honey Roasted Apples Adapted from Dinner Then Dessert
- 4 apples
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 425.
2. Remove the core and cut into 1 inch chunks, toss with lemon
3. Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high heat with the butter in
4. When the butter begins to brown add the apples and kosher
5. Sautee for 5 to 7 minutes until the edges start turning a rich
6. Add the honey and put in oven for about 8-10 minutes.
7. The apples should be tender but not mushy and richly caramel-
8. Carefully serve with spatula, taking care not to smash them.