Recipe: Gluten-Free Peach Cornbread Muffins
These hearty and delicious muffins are not too sweet, so they make an awesome breakfast or snack.
1/2 cup almond flour Ingredients 1/2 cup cornmeal (medium grind) 1/2 cup brown rice flour 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp salt 1/3 cup vegan coconut oil, melted 1 egg
1/4 cup goat’s milk plain kefir 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 peaches, skinned and chopped with juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash and chop peaches, reserving the juice from them, in a bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl then add to peaches.
4. Fold wet ingredients into dry ones.
5. Pour into greased muffin molds.
6. Bake for 27 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
7. Let cool, then pop out of pan and dig in.